Paprika oleoresin (Capsicum annum L.)
- Paprika oleoresin is obtained from Capsicum annum via extraction using one or a combination of the approved solvents which is eventually removed.
- In Europe, the paprika extract is designated by E160c.oducts like sausages, cheese, sauces, gravies, condiments, salad dressings, baked goods, snacks.
- Carotenoids, such as capsanthin and capsorubin, are the main compounds responsible for the red colour.
- In Europe, the paprika extract is designated by E160c.
- Paprika oleoresin is somewhat sensitive to light. It can be combined with rosemary antioxidants for a long-lasting colouring effect.
- Available in oil-soluble and water-soluble form, colouring intensity from 4.000 CU – 100.000 CU (colour units).